March 29, 2024, 06:19:59 AM

Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town Extended  (Read 4252 times)

Scarlette

• -Account Locked-
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 124
    • rcscarlette
    • Degango
Trouble in Terrorist Town Extended
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:29:07 PM »
Last night, Glitch came to me with an idea he came across. In short, it's a new way of playing TTT. Rather than trying to explain it, I'll let the thought speak for itself:

What's everyone's though on this? Personally, it seems like an interesting way to attract more traffic. Rather than waiting around for ages for someone that you know to be the traitor to do something, you could, in short, act on reasonable suspicion without punishment.

One might argue that this would allow for thoughtless killing, but that would still be punished as it is now (hence the original meaning behind the phrase random deathmatch). This way, action could continue, social elements would be stressed, and obvious minges and idiots would still be deterred. Considering how trustworthy and seasoned our administrators are, I feel as if knowing the difference between this new system and random killings would be quite simple.

I'm fine either way, but I wanted to hear what everyone had to say about it. Please, if you have an opinion, feel free to post!
Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.

hixsfire

• Registered member.
  • Intelligence: 0
    • hixsfire
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:32:41 PM »
This is a great idea it would finally get ToxicJew to leave me alone.

Scar in my post i meant RDM in its original meaning
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:37:38 PM by Scarlette »

BIG RED

• Donator
  • Intelligence: -11
    • STEAM_0:1:240968
    • brandonisninja
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 03:32:31 AM »
Hm... I thought it was always done this way? I have always  made the innocents kill each other for them to just later realize that I was a traitor and that I had made them turn there backs on each other.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/946cea7b93c50c6073e135ab4b9010cc/tumblr_mraregeBey1roehjuo1_500.jpg
http://bigredstandingby.tumblr.com/

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength

langile

• Respected>Server admin.
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 10
  • Canadian eh?
    • langile
    • langile1
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 06:23:26 AM »
After thinking about it, the traitors goal is to kill everyone. If they get it done by planting suspicion in others heads, that should work fine.

I REALLY don't understand why you can't follow koses by non provens. It basically eliminates all the mind games for the ts. What could happen there is the t calls someone out, they kill that person and find out he's inno. They then kill the guy who called them out, and basically traded an innos life for a ts life, and if the callout was legit then they gave up nothing for a t. Basically if it was a random callout, all the blame should go to the person who called him out.

RDM is for Random Death Match, and suspicion isn't completely random. I agree with glitch and say if they have at least a little bit of reasonable suspicion then they can go ahead.

I think there would be some problems with people killing others they don't like on made up suspicion though.

Scarlette

• -Account Locked-
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 124
    • rcscarlette
    • Degango
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 06:45:54 AM »
I REALLY don't understand why you can't follow koses by non provens. It basically eliminates all the mind games for the ts. What could happen there is the t calls someone out, they kill that person and find out he's inno. They then kill the guy who called them out, and basically traded an innos life for a ts life, and if the callout was legit then they gave up nothing for a t. Basically if it was a random callout, all the blame should go to the person who called him out.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before, but I'll try my best to show why it's not allowed.

Currently, if you kill someone on general suspicion, it's RDM. If I ran up to you, Langile, and told you to kill someone that you had no reason to kill yourself, and you did it, one of two things would happen: if the person telling you to do that is a traitor, then we classify it as "traitor trickery," thus allowing your mind games to still be present. If they're not a traitor (as we saw here) and they're not proven or a detective, then you killing an innocent for no justifiable reason of your own is on the two of you.

This new system, however, would allow that. As the idea states, it's about survival, and if you think the person is a traitor because of your trust in someone due to something they did during the round, or if you even have any noticeable doubt, then you kill them. The mindset is to kill the traitors before they kill you, and your life becomes far more valuable no matter what side you are on. If you see someone that just killed another that you don't believe is convincing enough, then you can shoot them. If you see someone randomly behaving like a rampaging idiot, then they die and the rest continue playing the mind game.

With this system, no matter who is a traitor or an innocent, alliances have to be formed, convincing has to be done, and the game is on.

I think there would be some problems with people killing others they don't like on made up suspicion though.

If this were to occur (like I mentioned) where someone is thoughtlessly killing everyone without reason, then they're to be punished as they would be now.

I hope I explained the proposed idea well enough. While I'm not totally convinced either, I'd like to hear what people's thoughts are.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:54:59 AM by Scarlette »

Darkarrow04

• Retired
  • Gold Member
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Stabbing Glitchvid while he sleeps - 2013
    • i_own_you_badly
    • Darkarrow044
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 08:06:39 AM »
Im not going to lie, i miss those days of TTT. The mind games, the trickery, etc. That was what made me like TTT in the first place, then when i joined RC. Things got harder, because everyone was as good as i was at playing mind games. Now when RC TTT started changing and most of the mind games/trickery was beginning to be removed. I started losing interest in TTT all together. Hence, thats why when late at night and say me and Anthony were the last ones online. We came up with stupid games.  Such as, disarm the bomb. We'd take turns disarming c4 and if you choose the wrong wire, you obviously lost. We made up a few games actually, thats just one of them.

Long story short, i support this completely. If my opinion matters anyways.

Because i know i said i had returned, then disappeared for a while. Sorry, but i am an SA of another community. I wont neglect my duty as an SA. I will continue playing on RC, but only when possible. But seeing as my section is in some weird phase right now. I have more time to play other servres. Hell most of the time im not even home anymore. To be completely honest, i dont have a clue on how much longer my section in CBC will last. Not my position, but the section of CBC i play on. Because myself and maybe two other people have been trying to keep it alive, but not enough effort from others to help keep it going. Basically what i am saying is, you're gonna be seeing a lot more of me around.

Taiga

• Intelligence: -17
  • A little Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »
This is the original TTT and how I've ran my TTT. TTT is made for RDM and you're suppose to get others to kill each other. I personally havent had to deal with being banned for "rdm" for obvious reasons and TTT has always changed slowly due to little children. People seem to forget the original TTT. Karma is there for a reason. Back in 2012, I owned the #1 TTT and there was only 2 admins, with 1 rule.

The Motd said "Have common sense" and the only admins was me/ my friend. We managed to go from 24 slots to 56 and be the most popular for about 8 months (gm13 destroyed us because we ran linux)

rip

xevo7x

• Intelligence: 12
  • 2fast4u
    • xevo7x
    • xevo7xplay
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »
I extremely support this way of playing the game, it brings what we used to love about TTT
[/url]

progresso

• Watchful Protector
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 20
  • Now, let's cast a smile spell
    • [RC] progresso
    • pr0gr3ss0
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »
My only question is, would the karma system work the same as it does now?  If yes then I would support this, otherwise nty bby.
#casualchris
I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for the boners of the elderly.

"During this time period women had few rights, as it should have been." - My English Teacher

Taiga

• Intelligence: -17
  • A little Oni
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »
My only question is, would the karma system work the same as it does now?  If yes then I would support this, otherwise nty bby.

the point of the karma system is exactly the same

hixsfire

• Registered member.
    • hixsfire
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »
Well im done with the server till the real ttt system kicks in.

German

• Intelligence: -1355
    • Benderoso
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
I'd love to have this system implemented into the game! So will this make it so you have the right to kill off of suspicion on your jurisdiction?

Rainbow Bash

• Intelligence: -254
  • Y U NO LIKE ME INTELLIGENCE D:
    • STEAM_0:0:50532768
    • KunaiCastGaming
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
In my opinion, this system would be much more fun in any ways and the fact that you can't call kos unless you are proven would make it very boring, if you killed the person and the person that called kos turned out to be random kosing than someone could deal with it. but if you saw the traitor pull out a grapple and no one else did than it would really suck for you that you would shoot a T and everyone would shoot you.

In short, i love this way of playing.

Zarthalan

• Getting muted since 98 - I was born in 97 u n00b
  • Server Donator
  • Intelligence: -25
  • Shadow needs to play on TTT
    • A good website
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
Red City : "we can't think of a gamemode title besides GAMEMODE extended"

And yeah, I agree with glitch on this, the kicking for killing on general suspicion is pretty much when I stopped playing TTT that much, well, noone cared when i did it on TK's server, but AFTER that.

SturkMaster

• Intelligence: 3
  • The Birdman goes CAW
    • sturkmaster
    • SturkPower
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
I learned to play TTT and be deceptive. And while I was doing that, one day, I was kicked from a server for RDM. When I was a traitor. Yeah. Let's go back to when TTT was deception :D
THE BIRDMAN OF NARNIA

ToxicJew

• Donator
    • kennethbgoodin
    • kennethbgoodin
    • Codeleakers
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
TTT was more like that on RC when I first started playing, and it was funner. I love the idea.
I am the Achilles of katana battles.

Zarthalan

• Server Donator
    • A good website
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 07:25:57 AM »
TTT was more like that on RC when I first started playing, and it was funner. I love the idea.
WITHOUT SHADOW THE ENGLISH STANDARDS OF THIS FORUM ARE RAPIDLY IN DECLINE.

but yeah, I'll definitely play again once all this is sorted out.

ToxicJew

• Donator
    • kennethbgoodin
    • kennethbgoodin
    • Codeleakers
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
Excuse me? My grammar is impeccable, when I wish it to be.

Zarthalan

• Server Donator
    • A good website
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 05:36:07 PM »
Excuse me? My grammar is impeccable, when I wish it to be.
we must send this man back to the 18th century where he belongs.

okay enough of this, back on topic

Glitchvid

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 12:45:54 AM »
Alright, new rules are in place.