March 29, 2024, 09:06:04 AM

Author Topic: New TTT Rules.  (Read 1537 times)

ToxicJew

• Donator
  • Intelligence: 0
    • kennethbgoodin
    • kennethbgoodin
    • Codeleakers
New TTT Rules.
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
So there was a lot of chaos yesterday as everyone raged over the rules, since that was the first time (that I saw) that tons of people were on. And it was chaos, as I said. But today, with less people on (as is more normal for the server (in my experience)), things weren't that hectic. There were some instances of RDM, but nothing like mass murder or anything. My point being, the new system isn't that bad.

I think that some of the admins are having to acclimate to the new way of doing their job, since they don't just target everyone who kills an innocent, but I think once everyone gets settled in with their new roles it won't be that bad. If everyone just relaxes about being RDMd sometimes, since it's going to happen, I think things will be fine. RDM, both intentional and unintentional, is an unavoidable side effect of having a game mode where no one is sure who the killers are and tensions run high. Yes, there are going to be the obvious people that just slaughter everyone around them, and they will be dealt with, but for the rest I think everyone just needs to relax and not take things too seriously unless it becomes a repeated problem.

Sorry if I've rambled a bit in this; it's in my nature to speak in a long-winded manner.
I am the Achilles of katana battles.

SturkMaster

• Intelligence: 3
  • The Birdman goes CAW
    • sturkmaster
    • SturkPower
New TTT Rules.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »
I honestly don't care if I get rdmed. I just kinda mess around on youtube until the next round. But the new rules are a bit better, in my opinion.
THE BIRDMAN OF NARNIA

Scarlette

• -Account Locked-
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 124
    • rcscarlette
    • Degango
New TTT Rules.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:21 PM »
I appreciate the feedback. I haven't had as much time as I had hoped to play with the new rules (considering college and what not), but it's great to hear what you think.

From my limited experience with the new rules, it was clear that it's going to be an adjustment. Frankly, I see people becoming easily frustrated with one another, but I am hoping that it will subside soon.

There weren't too many instance of RDM, and everyone seemed to play (quite honestly) the same as before with a few extra liberties should they be almost positive that someone has been acting overtly suspicious.

In the end, however, should the administrators be on the lookout for any obvious signs of RDM, everything should flow smoothly.
Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.