March 28, 2024, 08:25:01 AM

Author Topic: FireFall!  (Read 4191 times)

Bowl

• Donator
  • Intelligence: 14
  • I'm no plate.
    • STEAM_0:1:39563353
    • 1Bowlforme1
FireFall!
« on: June 30, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »

Firefall is a massively multiplayer online team-based computer game from Red 5 Studios, a studio founded by Mark Kern. It is currently in its closed beta stage and it will attempt to mix elements from the MMORPG and MMOFPS genres when it is released.

Firefall features both a large, open-world cooperative campaign that can be shared with hundreds of other players as well as a competitive multiplayer component that will incorporate features such as ladders, tournaments, clans and leagues.
Players can gain equipment and level up in order to fight better. According to Mark Kern, the CEO of Red 5, the game tries its best to integrate both vertical and horizontal progression, meaning that at higher levels your character is still able to be threatened by a lower level player, but will still have an advantage in equipment. The guild equivalent that players can join are called armies, which can grant their members certain advantages and abilities. One example, the Thumper, is a mining drill which is dropped from orbit or by a shuttle, and allows a member of an army to gather crystite anywhere in the world. Certain areas appear to be more beneficial for mining than others. When a thumper is deployed it will attract multiple hostile creatures. This was one of a few demonstrated examples of the events or types of gameplay players will experience.
Classes in Firefall are called Battleframes, and in the playable demo at PAX East 2011 there were three available: Assault, Recon and Medic, with Engineer announced but not playable. A fifth Battleframe, the Dreadnaught, was announced on October 17, 2011. It is unknown whether more will be released, but it has been strongly hinted at. A player is not locked to one particular class on character creation; they can switch between Battleframes at certain stations throughout the game world. Another aspect of the game are modules and ability backpacks, which the player can use to customize their weapons and abilities to fit their play style. Each Battleframe must be leveled up separately, however.
Much of the combat centers around using jetboots to add a third dimension to the game, similar to the popular shooter Tribes (Scott Youngblood, the lead designer of Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2, is the current lead designer for Red 5 Studios). For further information see the Firefall site.

All of this is from the wiki :D
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a little video that I took that shows a dynamic event in FireFall.

I was thinking if more people wanted to play we could group up and maybe form an Army (basically a guild) and venture around New Eden. Let me know what you guys think and if any of you are interested in it. As the wiki said, it is currently in closed beta and will be in open beta around July 9th. I may have some closed beta invites lurking around so if I find any, I'll edit this post.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:53:22 AM by Mr.TK »

progresso

• Watchful Protector
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 20
  • Now, let's cast a smile spell
    • [RC] progresso
    • pr0gr3ss0
FireFall!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
It seems pretty interesting.  If I can get a beta key I'll try it out. 
#casualchris
I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for the boners of the elderly.

"During this time period women had few rights, as it should have been." - My English Teacher

Mr.TK

• Red City Co-owner
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Fondling melons all night long.
FireFall!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:53:45 AM »
Looks neat, also i spruced up your OP. Your Welcome.

TweedleDeeDum

• RedCity Global Admin
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 54
  • Touching Glitch since birth...
    • CShort865
FireFall!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:49:56 AM »
That looks neat; also, I spruced up your OP. You're Welcome.
FTFY.
You're welcome.
RedCity is like Hotel California; you can check-out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.

Bowl

• Donator
  • Intelligence: 14
  • I'm no plate.
    • STEAM_0:1:39563353
    • 1Bowlforme1
FireFall!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »
So I've been searching through my FireFall account and I've found 4 beta keys. If you'd like one and you're actually taking an interest in the game, let me know. Please don't take the key and not play the game. Leave them for people who will actually use them.

EDIT*: I'm thinking about recording some more FireFall gameplay tonight so stay tuned.

EDIT*2: Postponing recorded gameplay for tomorrow night. I have work early in the morning and I'll start recording after that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:51:31 PM by Bowl »

StreetJesus

• crewcrew
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 77
  • No one's partner in thyme.
    • StreetJesus
FireFall!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40:43 PM »
EDIT*: I'm thinking about recording some more FireFall gameplay tonight so stay tuned.
oh boy I wanna see this.

I'm thinking about playing but not sure yet. And I don't want to waste a key.
Head Admin
You have no rights, play nice!