March 28, 2024, 08:23:43 AM

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition  (Read 1086 times)

Scarlette

• -Account Locked-
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 124
    • rcscarlette
    • Degango
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
Having only just recently played this game to death (pun not intended), I was wondering as to whether or not anyone here has tried out this blatantly frustrating game on any platform?

For those who aren't aware, Dark Souls is a third-person action adventure game with, arguably, a single premise: you're an undead tasked with a heroic, overwhelming mission to discover who you are while, more importantly, facing the daunting possibility of the last remaining sources of fire being extinguished, thus plunging the world into darkness forever.

I personally found the story to be somewhat interesting (yet no where near that of, let's say, Bioshock) with an addictive feel to it. As soon as I felt as if I had gotten a respectable grasp on the game and had finally been prepared to face the current content, I was brutally beaten to a pulp on the boss room floor, hence the difficulty. What I also found to be quite innovative was how almost every piece of help / advice came from other players through that of brief messages drawn on the floor (with the odd exception being the tutorial). Even with the co-op system being the worst I've ever seen it as the bugs were overwhelming, I still had a blast with the game overall (7/10).

Any thoughts?
Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.