March 28, 2024, 07:17:32 AM

Author Topic: Monster Hunter  (Read 2061 times)

Mr.TK

• Red City Co-owner
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Fondling melons all night long.
Monster Hunter
« on: March 20, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »

What is Monster Hunter?

Monster Hunter in literal terms is a game where you take missions and run dungeons, however due to the atmosphere of the game.. i wouldn't be calling it dungeons at all. This game unlike most games, does not spoonfeed you every goddamn detail of the game to you. it drops you into the game and makes you figure it all out on your own, The game has NO STORYLINE WHATSOEVER (SORRY FOLKS); its a straight up, take missions and do them missions games, and its personally my all-time favorite game. I played it all the time as a child, and i play it now today on a PSP.

So far from my experience, The clear goal of the game is to just become the best, You must CRAFT almost ALL your equipment. So in those terms, all your missions is usually to get you the monster guts and bones you need to make the equips. The game itself is quite promising, as i can guarantee if you get into this game, you WILL PLAY IT FOR AT LEAST 200 HOURS. Lets get on with this shall we?

What made the game so popular among some people, is its Online play for the Ps2 when it first came about.
Online play is still an option on future versions of the game, but it got progressively shittier until the Wii version came around.
For example, the PSP version of Monster Hunter REQUIRES you to be within 10 feet of another PSP playing the same game. aka Wireless LAN Parties.. (wooo :/)  There is a workaround, but it requires a Ps3, Ps3 Charge Cable, and an Ehternet cable, and your router. and a program called Ad-Hoc... not really worth it i don't think.

Games in the Series in order of release

- Monster Hunter [PS2] (2004
- Monster Hunter G [PS2] (JPN RELEASE ONLY; 2005) **this one was later remastered for the Wii and released in 2009**
- Monster Hunter Freedom [PSP] (2005) **This one is technically still Monster Hunter 1, only with added content**
- Monster Hunter 2 [PS2] (JPN RELEASE ONLY)
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2 [PSP] (2007)
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [PSP] (2008) **This is the one im playing now, and is certainly glorious**
- Monster Hunter Tri [Wii] (2009) **also known as the official Monster Hunter 3**
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd [PS3; PSP] (JPN RELEASE ONLY, 2010 for PSP & 2011 for PS3)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [WiiU, 3DS] (To be released, coming out this month actually)

There are other Monster Hunter games, but they where so minor and shitty they are frowned upon as titles for the game.

Game Trailers

[Monster Hunter 1, may be the game intro.. but it was also the trailer for the game]

[Monster Hunter G, for the Wii remaster. Its the same trailer for the Ps2 version]

[Monster Hunter Freedom]

[Monster Hunter 2]

[Monster Hunter Freedom 2]

[Monster Hunter Freedom Unite]

[Monster Hunter Tri]

[Monster Hunter Portable 3rd]

[Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate]

This is my most favorite game series to date, and i highly recommend you try it. I really do.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:09:20 PM by Mr.TK »

tomarndt

• bai bai RC
  • Gold Member
  • Hi Glitch.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/tomarndtbro/
Monster Hunter
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
I gotta admit, the game looks cool. I didn't really understand your fascination for the game, but now I can see why.

If I ever get a PSP (haha no) I'll probably check this out, or just look at gameplay videos.

Zarthalan

• Getting muted since 98 - I was born in 97 u n00b
  • Server Donator
  • Intelligence: -25
  • Shadow needs to play on TTT
    • A good website
Monster Hunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »
Very good game, But I can't understand for the life of me capcoms dumb decisions with it.
I.E
3 is on the wii, of all consoles. Even though many PC/360/PS3 gamers, which tend to be the crowd thats more looking for these kinds of games (I.E demons souls).
The new one is on the WiiU, and 3DS. Another thing, as the people who would really appreciate a game like this tend to be on the PS3/360/PC.

very badass series though.

Glitchvid

• Administrator
  • Intelligence: 0
Monster Hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »

Bowl

• Donator
  • Intelligence: 14
  • I'm no plate.
    • STEAM_0:1:39563353
    • 1Bowlforme1
Monster Hunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »
Oh cool, looks kind of like Vindictus (A PC game that is all about missions and killing shit :D)

Mr.TK

• Red City Co-owner
  • Fondling melons all night long.
Monster Hunter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fAk8yyRA4
in literal terms, that is what you do in monster hunter. but if you view it like that, it just makes you look like an asshole.

Oh cool, looks kind of like Vindictus (A PC game that is all about missions and killing shit :D)

This game is nothing like vindictus, in terms of controls. the game is notorious for sort of bad controls, but thats what makes the game challenging.