March 28, 2024, 04:10:23 PM

Author Topic: How to Properly Make an Admin Application (Updated)  (Read 4062 times)

TweedleDeeDum

• RedCity Global Admin
  • Intelligence: 54
  • Touching Glitch since birth...
    • CShort865
How to Properly Make an Admin Application (Updated)
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »
Guide:
I.) Application Format(s)
II.)How to find your Steam ID.
III.) Useful Application Tips.
IV.) Note to Forum Moderators.
V.) How not to make an application.
VI.) Requirements.

I.) If you would like to apply for a moderator/administrator position on one of our servers, use the form below. Before applying, check this to make sure the server you are applying for is accepting!

Copy the form below and post in a new thread!

Header for topic: <username's> <position> application for <server>
Current rank: Example .

Applying for:
Example.

Which Red City server you wish to be promoted on:
Example.

How many hours or minutes a day will you be on the server:
Example.

Reason why we should pick you:
Example.

Past experience (if any):
Example.

Steam ID (if applying for a steam game):
STEAM_0:1:15344052 (Example ID, use your own.)

Contact information:

II.) The Steam ID field will not have to be filled out if you are applying for our Minecraft server.
A Steam ID looks like this STEAM_0:1:15344052, find this by typing the word "status" in console in-game.

It is pretty simple to find your steam ID. There is 2 ways you can do this, kids :)

1. ----The Simple Way----

Go to your steam profile. You can acsess that by clicking your icon in steam.

Right click in your steam community profile page and hit "Copy Page URL".

Go to this link: Here.

And then simply copy paste that link into the empty field.

Your steam ID should look something like this "STEAM_0:0:52705717".

III.) Some useful tips about applying:
    •Do not sign up then immediately apply; make some posts before you apply and take the time to get familiar with the forums.
    •When applying, use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. If your application looks good, then that can play a role in your application being denied or accepted.
    •This should go without saying, but use proper format. You might as well say "don't pick me!" if you won't take the time to read through the forums.

- RedCity Staff

IV.) Note to forum moderators:

When a verdict is reached (Promoted or denied (or hold / wait)) change the title of the thread
E.X
"I'm cool promote me! (Request denied, Not promoted)"
Or
"I'm a minecraft vet (Request accepted, Promoted:"rank")"

After the person has posted then you may lock it! (do not lock it before they post / before 3 days)(in some form which confirms that they know / understand why the verdict was reached) or after 3 days, prune the thread by sending it to (Legacy section --> Archive --> Admin requests)
http://redcityreloaded.com/forums/index.php?board=76.0

V.) How NOT to make an application:

Sure, the recent bout of admin applications are over, and perhaps we don't need a satire post anymore. In it's place will be a general representation of some of the worst applications Red City sees. So here is what you should NOT do for an admin application:

Name: Person X
Steam ID: Gmod/Steam Username/Something very unrelated.
Why you should be admin: I donated, I love the server, and I have 200+ hours logged.
Contact information: A picture of myself. My cell phone number. My bank account statements and all my 401K information.

That is pretty much a majority of what I saw in this last plague of administrator applications. If you need any sort of help, look at this, this, this, this, or most importantly THIS!

Other little handy tips:

-Be sure that your application is clean and organized.
-Make sure you read the stickied threads in the Apply for Administrator section.
- Don't make your application like the one in near the beginning.
- A good final tip is to make sure you stick to the rules of the forums, and of the server you're applying for. No one is going to accept your application if you break all of them.

Made w/approval by rick.

VI.) Requirements.

Brought to you by the Red City moderator team!

But, do not make utterly pointless posts, or empty threads with a video in wibbles, or anything of that like JUST so you can post in the Apply for Admin section.

Your posts will be removed if they are of that nature, and you will have to either start making relative, constructive posts or rethink your priorities when it comes to being a part of this community. 

Look at this post for a good idea as to what we are talking about when we mean posts.

:3
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:10:53 PM by TweedleDeeDum »
RedCity is like Hotel California; you can check-out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.

tomarndt

• bai bai RC
  • Gold Member
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Hi Glitch.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/tomarndtbro/
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »
Quote from Glitchvid.

Eh, I know its not the most opportune time for me to say this, but that rule was only set down for SJ's applications (because he is the one that posted the format).
So really, as long as it follows an organized pattern and layout, seems to have proper spelling and grammar, it qualifies just as well; although I would like to see people posting what rank they already are, and what they are trying to get.

Just FYI. However, let it be noted that if you really want to become a moderator/administrator, it's best that you just follow Rick's format anyway.

TweedleDeeDum

• RedCity Global Admin
    • CShort865
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
Quote from Glitchvid.
Eh, I know its not the most opportune time for me to say this, but that rule was only set down for SJ's applications (because he is the one that posted the format).
So really, as long as it follows an organized pattern and layout, seems to have proper spelling and grammar, it qualifies just as well; although I would like to see people posting what rank they already are, and what they are trying to get.

Just FYI. However, let it be noted that if you really want to become a moderator/administrator, it's best that you just follow Rick's format anyway.
But... Organization... D:

And we've always told people to use the old format no matter what server they were applying for... Huh... Oops.

tomarndt

• bai bai RC
  • Gold Member
  • Hi Glitch.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
The glitch spoke. Is it not canon? Also, I fixed some strange error in your post. "Which Red City server you wish to be rank:" made no sense, so I changed it to "Which Red City server you wish to be promoted on.", just so ya know.

StreetJesus

• crewcrew
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 77
  • No one's partner in thyme.
    • StreetJesus
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »
Tom do you not have access to the Staff child board (Might be higher staff only.. Dunno)? This was up for discussion for several days...
Head Admin
You have no rights, play nice!

TweedleDeeDum

• RedCity Global Admin
    • CShort865
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:19:22 AM »
Nope.
Just Glitch, MrTK, you, Shadow, me, kat, and s1.

tomarndt

• bai bai RC
  • Gold Member
  • Hi Glitch.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:08 AM »
Nope.
Just Glitch, MrTK, you, Shadow, me, kat, and s1.

^^ Heck, even if I did I wouldn't be able to find it anyway. You all know how I am.

Edit: Besides, meesa no staff. I only moderate that little minecraft management section.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:55:58 AM by tomarndt »

StreetJesus

• crewcrew
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 77
  • No one's partner in thyme.
    • StreetJesus
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »
Eh, that's kinda what I expected it to be but thought moderators might, nevermind then. This is the basic format for all applications (Unless the server owner decides otherwise for their server)

tomarndt

• bai bai RC
  • Gold Member
  • Hi Glitch.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »
Bumping, sorry.

Consolidated a lot of unnecessary posts into this post. Made a guide at the top so it's easy for people to navigate through the mass of text.

No posts were "deleted" - if it was stickied before, it was added to this post. There's really no need to have so many posts talking about such things when we can all just have them in one place.

The exceptions to this rule are the "Before you apply, read this" thread and the "how to vote" thread. Those are important enough to deserve a separate thread each.

TweedleDeeDum

• RedCity Global Admin
    • CShort865
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
Very nice Tom.
- intelligence for you