March 28, 2024, 04:26:04 AM

Author Topic: Opinions  (Read 1493 times)

Papa Jesus

• Cantaloupes are devil's melons
  • Gold Member
  • Intelligence: -1
  • Long live RP
    • Bimbo
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsDumin?feature=mhee
Opinions
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:31:18 AM »
Figured its hardware so it must go in here.

What are your opinions on the steam box. And are any of you planning on getting the xbox 720 or ps4?
The edgyness is dieing.

Zarthalan

• Getting muted since 98 - I was born in 97 u n00b
  • Server Donator
  • Intelligence: -25
  • Shadow needs to play on TTT
    • A good website
Opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:53 AM »
High hopes, low expectations.

Also, developing a console costs ALOT of money, which should be going to making ricochet 2.
Though for raising the popularity of linux, It will do some, but I HIGHLY doubt windows will be dethroned. Even for hardcore-gamers.

Papa Jesus

• Gold Member
  • Long live RP
    • Bimbo
Opinions
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:33 AM »
Ive never heard of ricochet 2 honestly. But i googled it and there was something about it all being a joke. I like the steam box because i would love to have a good system. Its just the fact of only playing a certain kind of game will ge boring

Zarthalan

• Server Donator
    • A good website
Opinions
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:23:40 AM »
And depends what exclusives it has, picking between consoles now always seems to be what exclusives you want, and PC you run to for graphics/performance. Even though nowadays most games are on all consoles.
back in SNES vs. Genesis which I'd say is the last generation where the consoles were actually different, most games came out on one. And both consoles had completely different feels for their games.

Papa Jesus

• Gold Member
  • Long live RP
    • Bimbo
Opinions
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:31:10 AM »
Computer seems to be more fast paced especially when it comes to bf3 and cod.
Because the player count is so much higher then what console can handle. I love my
xbox but im tired of slow paced battlefield matches, it shouldnt be like that. But the price for a pc that can run games on high is pretty pricy

Bowl

• Donator
  • Intelligence: 14
  • I'm no plate.
    • STEAM_0:1:39563353
    • 1Bowlforme1
Opinions
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
In the end, I think it is worth every penny. If you take your time and spend a decent amount, your computer should last at least 4 or 5 years if not more.

Zarthalan

• Server Donator
    • A good website
Opinions
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »
It is expensive initially, but a few years down you probably wont need a new processor, a new graphics card. And my old GTS 450 still runs every new game, not on max, but usually 60 FPS on med now.

Glitchvid

• Administrator
  • Intelligence: 0
Opinions
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »
Computer seems to be more fast paced especially when it comes to bf3 and cod.
Because the player count is so much higher then what console can handle. I love my
xbox but im tired of slow paced battlefield matches, it shouldnt be like that. But the price for a pc that can run games on high is pretty pricy

Not really.  It can be expensive to buy a PC that runs everything on ultra, but you can get a $600 PC that runs most things 1080 on medium/high.

And depends what exclusives it has, picking between consoles now always seems to be what exclusives you want, and PC you run to for graphics/performance.

Wait long enough and nothing is really exclusive, we have hits that Halo 3 is coming to windows, Exclusives are pretty stupid now.
As for the actual consoles, I prefer the PS4: It's doing a lot less stupid stuff (As compared to Microsoft locking down the hardware).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:20:07 PM by Glitchvid »

langile

• Respected>Server admin.
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 10
  • Canadian eh?
    • langile
    • langile1
Opinions
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
I have an xbox 360, and prefer it over the ps3, but I'm liking what I see in the ps4, so in a while when the price goes down I'll get that.

Computer still>all

Zarthalan

• Server Donator
    • A good website
Opinions
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »
Not really.  It can be expensive to buy a PC that runs everything on ultra, but you can get a $600 PC that runs most things 1080 on medium/high.

Wait long enough and nothing is really exclusive, we have hits that Halo 3 is coming to windows, Exclusives are pretty stupid now.
As for the actual consoles, I prefer the PS4: It's doing a lot less stupid stuff (As compared to Microsoft locking down the hardware).
halo 3.
A dead, years old game on xbox 360. While many other games are remaining exclusive.