March 28, 2024, 02:38:55 AM

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 1743 times)

DeMo

• Just general retarded, AKA blonde.
  • Intelligence: -16
  • Retired.
League of Legends
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »
So I recently found out that I and Scarlette had a game in common... That's right girls "League of Legends".

For thoose who know what game this is:Me and Scar started playing 2 games before he had to leave, and this is how it turned out.

He made a new user to play on the same region as I am playing on, so I choose to be ADC so that he could support me due to lack of runes and masteries.
We had a good time and we did pretty good, here is our score:

DeMo's Score:

Scarlette's Score:

For thoose who DONT know what this game is: Look it up and if you like it you may register here: Register here.

League of legends is a game where you have 2 teams, 5 VS 5. The point of the game is to get the opponents turrets and destroy their "Nexus" which is their main base.
It is kind of like Dota2 but I prefer league of legends because it is more player friendly. It's easy to learn and fun to play.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:57:08 PM by DeMo »
Retired.

progresso

• Watchful Protector
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 20
  • Now, let's cast a smile spell
    • [RC] progresso
    • pr0gr3ss0
League of Legends
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »

Gawd dammit DeMo, y u no tell me this earlier?  I've played the game for like 2 & 1/2 years now (since the kog maw patch), still suck at ADC if I'm not MF, only mid as OP champs, and always crush as top. 

Also, y u no post in my thread
srsly

#casualchris
I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for the boners of the elderly.

"During this time period women had few rights, as it should have been." - My English Teacher

CloudCakes

• Intelligence: -10
  • Krustic Warrior
League of Legends
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:17:07 AM »
DeMo play with us Grove Streeters!! We are all level 30

langile

• Respected>Server admin.
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 10
  • Canadian eh?
    • langile
    • langile1
League of Legends
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
DeMo play with us Grove Streeters!
You told me you left them, Not that that would have changed anything.

On topic: I played LoL once, and sucked at it. Haven't played since.

CloudCakes

• Intelligence: -10
  • Krustic Warrior
League of Legends
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
You told me you left them, Not that that would have changed anything.

On topic: I played LoL once, and sucked at it. Haven't played since.
There are only 3 people in grove street now, and the 2 trolls left.
you my know ma55ave and thebedoogler. and it isnt really grove street anymore, but i called it that so people on red city might know who im talking about

langile

• Respected>Server admin.
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 10
  • Canadian eh?
    • langile
    • langile1
League of Legends
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »
and it isnt really grove street anymore, but i called it that so people on red city might know who im talking about

Probably not a good idea anyway, they have a bit of a bad reputation on the darkrp.

Scarlette

• -Account Locked-
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 124
    • rcscarlette
    • Degango
League of Legends
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »
For those of you whom aren't quite as familiar with the game as others, it almost goes without saying that the game is an incredibly difficult and frustrating one when first starting. This is due both to the challenge of the game, as well as the fact that high level players make new accounts merely for the sake of their own amusement (otherwise known as smurfing); and trust me, it can be a royal pain.

In first starting, be sure to play against bots and look up several starter and more in-depth guides on various League of Legends websites (with my personal favorite being http://solomid.net) as you begin to familiarize yourself with the game. Also, another piece of advice I can give is to never constrict yourself to a single champion (or lane for that matter). Not only does this offer a chance to experience various diverse elements of the game, but it also provides a broader pool of options to focus on upon hitting the max level (being 30).

League of Legends has its own bumps and frustrations, but it's most definitely a rewarding one once you learn the ropes. On that note, if anyone wants to play a game or two sometime, feel free to let me know!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:04:31 PM by Scarlette »
Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.

progresso

• Watchful Protector
  • Respected
  • Intelligence: 20
  • Now, let's cast a smile spell
    • [RC] progresso
    • pr0gr3ss0
League of Legends
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »
Getting started definitely is the hardest part of League for a couple of reasons.

First, unless you have played other MOBA games, Warcraft III, etc, then it is really hard to understand, it really is a game type of its own, even the different game types in League are completely different. 

Second, you don't have access to Runes or as many Masteries.  Runes are item you can buy in the Shop with IP that give you stat boosts.  There are 9 glyphs, 9 seals, 9 marks, and 3 quintessences.  Each level unlocks a new rune spot, getting a new quint at 10, 20, and 30.  Each of these has a different focus, i.e. marks are more AD focused, seals more defense, and gives a small bonus, but it adds up.  A full page of only AD runes gives somewhere around 20-25 AD.  And besides the fact you only get 1 more per level, there are 3 tiers of runes, and the tier 1 and 2 runes suck, so you basically can't use them until you unlock tier 3 at level 20.  Masteries give similar boosts but are more like a classic RPG talent tree of sorts.  You get 1 per level that you can put into an attack, defense, or utility tree.  The further into the tree are better masteries. 

Third, if you don't have a friend to play with, it is really hard and makes you want to just stop.  And as Scar said, if anybody wants to play with me they can send a message my way and I'd be happy to play a game or two.